Custom Homes in Charleston, SC
Founded in 1670 by English colonists, grew quickly from a colonial seaport to a wealthy city by the time it hit the mid-eighteenth century. In the spring of 1861, the first shot of the Civil War was fired at Fort Sumter. After the devastation of the war, the city had a hard time rebuilding. So, instead of replacing the damaged buildings, they repaired them instead. A lot of these buildings are still standing today making Charleston rich in its vast history. The Battery and Fort Sumter National Park are two very popular destinations. Don’t be fooled by all of the history though, this city is alive and well! From amazing culinary experiences, to the beautiful ocean waters, there is so much happening in Charleston. The South Carolina Aquarium and amazing dining experiences make this southern city even more delectable. The cobblestone streets and elegant charm are sure to make you fall in love!
Nicknames: The Holy City, Chucktown
- Best City in the U.S. (Travel + Leisure)
- Best Town (Outside Magazine)
- #1 Small City in the U.S. (Condé Nast Traveler)
- #4 on Best Mid-Size U.S. Metro for Jobs (Forbes)
Did You Know?
The Charleston Museum, founded in 1773, was America’s very first museum.
- Population: 389,262
- Airports: Charleston Executive Airport and Charleston AFB/International Airport
- 3 hours 20 minutes to Greenville
- 2 hours to Savannah
- 2 hours to Columbia
- 2 hours 15 minutes to Myrtle Beach
- 2 hours 50 minutes to Augusta