Explore careers at Gabriel Builders
Careers & Culture
We Are Hiring!
For nearly 40 years, some of the most discerning people have chosen our team to design and build the home of their dreams. Our process for making each client’s dream a reality begins with listening. We listen intently. With a clear understanding of our client’s vision, we design and build to assure satisfaction with every aspect of the experience. Our proven turnkey approach with design+build+interiors, has resulted in a seamless process that favorably impacts our clients’ schedule, budget, and final touches. The beautiful homes we design and build have been recognized with numerous national, regional, and local industry awards making us the most award-winning design+build family of companies in the Carolinas.
If you take pride and satisfaction in delivering exceptional results that turn clients into friends, are passionate about working as a committed member of a collaborative team, and possess the skills and experiences we seek, we would love to speak with you.
The following positions are open:
Gabriel Builders is looking for an experienced Architect with a demonstrated ability to produce beautiful and thoughtful residential custom home designs. As a client-facing and key member of our firm, you must have excellent listening skills with an exceptionally high ability to produce creative, accurate, efficient, and timely, luxury designs. You will lead all phases of your projects, including conceptual design research and presentation, schematic design development of concepts, leading to meticulously detailed construction sets.
In addition to designing award-winning luxury homes, you will also regularly assist in the construction phase with typical tasks that include site visits, review of shop drawings, and responses to PM questions, inquiries, and RFI’s.
- Completion of an accredited professional Architectural Degree program
- 5 years of architectural experience in architectural design and construction drawings. Preferably in luxury residential
- Demonstrated understanding of different architectural styles
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Adobe Suites (Photoshop, Bridge, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Suite, and Sketchup are a plus
Marketing and Development Director
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Director to manage the overall marketing and development function for Gabriel Builders Family of Companies. Reporting to the President and CEO, this position will oversee all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing the marketing, branding, and sales strategies for our luxury custom home construction company (Gabriel Builders), our custom cabinet shop (Nicholas James Fine Woodworking), and our interior design firm (LH Design Studio). Gabriel Builders Family of Companies is made up of approximately 70 employees, with an annual revenue of over 45 million dollars. Our luxury, handcrafted homes are award-winning both on the state and national levels.
The successful Marketing Director candidate will ideally have both ad agency and in-house experience and must possess a background that includes market research, product marketing, and project development. The individual should be strategic and creative, solutions-oriented, an excellent communicator, and possess attention to detail. In addition to these skills, the candidate must place a high value on developing genuine relationships, both internally and externally, as this is what truly separates us from our competition.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Business and market development
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Strategic direction for promotion and advertising
- Create distinctive PR programs
- Develop compelling collateral pieces
- Create marketing reports that track, measure and analyze performance
- Oversees the integrity of corporate identity standards in all materials produced
- Prudently manages resources within budgetary guidelines
- Manage external vendors as appropriate
- Positively demonstrate the mission, vision, value statements, reputation, code of ethics, standards, policies and procedures internally and throughout the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- Minimum of 5+ years of marketing experience, with 2+ years’ experience in the construction industry
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
- Experience building strategic marketing programs/concepts and selling the strategic programs at the Executive level.
- Experience creating and implementing brand awareness and communications programs and driving business using direct and channel-oriented selling models.
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity and the ability to work effectively with others even under stressful deadlines situations.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills, time management skills and written/oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must. Demonstrated experience with Adobe graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design) a plus.
Accounting Manager, LH Design Studio
As part of Gabriel Builders Family of Companies, we are looking for an experienced accountant to manage all accounting duties for LH Design Studio. You will collaborate daily with designers on billable projects and meet with the team weekly on project timelines. You must be able to perform billable-to-receivable variance analysis and provide reports to the company owners that troubleshoot and address any project issues. You must also be able to identify process improvement opportunities.
The right candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be able to communicate professionally with all levels of management, customers, suppliers, and staff. Additionally, you must maintain the highest professional and ethical standards, maintaining confidentiality and exercising extreme discretion.
Your duties include:
- File and monitor all contract schedules
- Set up new projects and related fees and budgets
- Manage invoicing schedule for all design projects
- Prepare purchase orders and invoices for all design projects
- Perform accounts receivable analysis and look for trends and process improvement opportunities
- Provide data-driven forecasting on a quarterly basis
- College degree in accounting and a minimum of 3 years of experience is required
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, meet all deadlines, and work independently
- Strong sense of ownership, and ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Design-firm experience preferred but not required
- Experience in IVY (our proposal to purchase-order software) is preferred but not required
What you can expect
Gabriel Builders’ success is due to its incredible team of talented people who are dedicated to quality work that they take pride in. We’re driven by a shared passion for beauty, attention to detail, and a focus on relationships that makes us unstoppable as a team.
While our work ethic is unparalleled, we also believe in work-life balance and having fun. Our culture is collaborative, and we encourage everyone to bring their ideas to the table. Not content to sit on our laurels, we’re continually setting new goals for innovation and for delighting our clients even further.
But we don’t only take care of our clients. We also take care of one another. We often share lunch together, host events to celebrate personal milestones, and simply enjoy one another’s company as friends. We support one another wholeheartedly.Get to Know Our People